Where We Came From
Back in 1906, Judge Frank H. Robinson started the organizational planning of Maple City Cooperative Savings and Loan Association. In 1934, the Maple City Association merged with the Hornellsville Co-operative Savings and Loan Association, to become Maple City Co-operative Savings and Loan Association. The first officers were Dr. Clair S. Parkhill, President; George T. Rehn, Vice-President; James N. Robinson, Secretary; and William H. Walbridge, Treasurer.
In 2001, under the presidency of Terry L. Bertram, Maple City Savings and Loan Association changed its charter from a NYS chartered Savings and Loan Association to Maple City Savings Bank, FSB, a federally chartered mutual savings bank. Maple City Savings Mutual Holding Company was also formed in 2001 under Bertram's leadership.
In 2010, Thomas F. Beers became president after Terry L. Bertram's retirement. Maple City Savings Bank, FSB has continued to grow, in 2014 a second office was opened on Seneca Rd to offer products and services to the outling areas of Hornell. In 2019 Maple City Savings Bank, FSB merged with Steuben Consultants and formed Maple City Financial Services, Inc. This new entity offers Investments and Insurance related services.
As of May 2021, we opened our third location at 1 Broadway Mall in Hornell, NY. Maple City Financial Services, Inc. moved into this new location and the commercial loan officers moved into the office as well.
November 2022, we opened the second half of 1 Broadway Mall and moved our Loan Operations team into the new location.
May 2023, we began offering Personal and Business Insurance services such as car, home, and other policies through our Maple City Financial Services group.
Who We Are Now
"Community Banking" is more than a slogan — it's our business.
Maple City Savings Bank is a locally-owned and operated independent financial institution with a strong financial presence in the Hornell area. We take care to maintain the quality service our customers expect while offering a variety of products customized to the needs of our customers.
What We Offer
We take care to maintain the quality service our customers expect.
The mission of Maple City Savings Bank, FSB is to be a dynamic, locally owned and operated, independent financial institution.
We will maintain a strong financial presence in the Hornell area with emphasis on profitability, safety, soundness, and compliance, while maintaining the quality service that our customers expect.
We will provide a full range of financial, investment, and insurance related products to help our customers plan and grow financially.
We will provide our employees with the challenges and opportunities for both personal and professional growth.
For free checking with rewards, we're proud to offer free Kasasa® checking, an exciting new way to bank. Qualify to earn interest rewards and receive refunds on ATM withdrawal fees* with Kasasa Cash®. How do you qualify? By doing things you're probably already doing, like using your debit card.
Plus, when you open a free Kasasa Saver® savings account, your Kasasa Cash rewards will be transferred automatically for easy savings — so you don't have to do anything but qualify.
We also offer online banking & bill pay, so you can manage your accounts from your own computer instead of making the trip downtown. We also have mobile banking, which has all the capabilities of online banking — from the convenience of your own mobile phone or device.
And just like Hornell is the upstate New York's go-to shopping hub, Maple City Savings is your go-to bank for home mortgages, home equity lines of credit, and IRAs. If you own a small business in the area, see us about our commercial accounts and loan options. We also offer a suite of business services to make money management easier.
Maple City Savings is a locally-owned and operated independent financial institution with a strong financial presence in the Hornell area. Conveniently located in beautiful downtown Hornell and on Seneca Rd near the new hospital in Hornell.
- Dr. Rick Andolina - Chairman
- David L. Parmley - Vice Chairman
- Mark W. Davidson
- James T. Freiner
- John J. Rees
- Maninder Virdee
- Dr. John Weyand
- Thomas Beers
- Nicholas Kelley
- Duane Heineman
- Alice Allen
Officers & Staff
- Thomas Beers, President & CEO (NMLS 423073)
- Nicholas Kelley, CFO (NMLS 1674875)
- Jeremy Holbrook, IT Administrator, Security Officer & AVP
- Brett Burch, Retail Loan Manager & AVP (NMLS 468142)
- Cindy Timothy, Loan Originator (NMLS 2011837)
- Hailey Schwartz, Loan Originator (NMLS 2279333)
- Julianna Gibson, Commercial Loan Officer (NMLS 2070509)
- Michael McCumiskey, Commercial Loan Officer (NMLS 2265825)
- Jodi Stephens, Commercial Credit Analyst
- Cherie Smith, Commercial Credit Analyst
- Morgan Rundell-Wales, Loan Operations Supervisor (NMLS 1897260)
- Victoria Savoir, QC Coordinator
- Lisa Jones, Escrow & Insurance Coordinator
- Chaundra Badeau, Loan Processor (NMLS 1149834)
- Brittany Pratt, Loan Processor (NMLS 2254209)
- Jennifer Belcher, Loan Servicing Specialist (NMLS 1730658)
- Melissa Bloom, Loan Processor (NMLS 2415280)
- Kaylee Yarka, Loan Servicing Specialist
- Jinger Stewart, Loan Processor & Marketing Coordinator (NMLS 1576643)
- Karen Bailor, Staff Accountant
- Kathryn Criss, Deposit Operations Mgr/Asst Treasurer & AVP
- Tracy Freeland, Teller/Asst. BSA Officer
- Michelle Burdett Saxton, Teller
- Ashley Gibson, Teller
- Marian Carbone, Teller
- Valerie Smith, Teller
- Dezirae Willsey, Teller
- Nicole Baumgarten, Teller
- Alyssa Nisbet, Teller
Maple City Financial Services
- Mark Davidson - Registered Investment Advisor & VP
- Lindsie Meese - Registered Investment Advisor & VP
- Raymie Auman - Vice President
- Aaron Benton - Insurance Coordinator
- Trisha VanScoter - Insurance Agent
- Kelly Burdick, Office Manager