Where We Came From
Back in 1906, Judge Frank H. Robinson started the organizational planning of Maple City Cooperative Savings and Loan Association. In 1934, the Maple City Association merged with the Hornellsville Co-operative Savings and Loan Association, to become Maple City Co-operative Savings and Loan Association. The first officers were Dr. Clair S. Parkhill, President; George T. Rehn, Vice-President; James N. Robinson, Secretary; and William H. Walbridge, Treasurer.
In 2001, under the presidency of Terry L. Bertram, Maple City Savings and Loan Association changed its charter from a NYS chartered Savings and Loan Association to Maple City Savings Bank, FSB, a federally chartered mutual savings bank. Maple City Savings Mutual Holding Company was also formed in 2001 under Bertram's leadership.
In 2010, Thomas F. Beers became president after Terry L. Bertram's retirement. Maple City Savings Bank, FSB has continued to grow, in 2014 a second office was opened on Seneca Rd to offer products and services to the outling areas of Hornell. In 2019 Maple City Savings Bank, FSB merged with Steuben Consultants and formed Maple City Financial Services, Inc. This new entity offers Investments and Insurance related services.
Who We Are Now
"Community Banking" is more than a slogan — it's our business.
Maple City Savings Bank is a locally-owned and operated independent financial institution with a strong financial presence in the Hornell area. We take care to maintain the quality service our customers expect while offering a variety of products customized to the needs of our customers.
What We Offer
We take care to maintain the quality service our customers expect.
The mission of Maple City Savings Bank, FSB is to be dynamic, locally owned and operated, independent financial institution.
We will maintain a strong financial presence in the Hornell area with emphasis on profitability, safety, soundness and compliance, while maintaining the quality service that our customers expect.
We will meet the challenge of competition with enthusiasm and effectiveness.
We will provide our employees with challenges and opportunities for both personal and professional growth.
For free checking with rewards, we're proud to offer free Kasasa® checking, an exciting new way to bank. Qualify to earn interest rewards and receive refunds on ATM withdrawal fees* with Kasasa Cash®. How do you qualify? By doing things you're probably already doing, like using your debit card.
Plus, when you open a free Kasasa Saver® savings account, your Kasasa Cash rewards will be transferred automatically for easy savings — so you don't have to do anything but qualify.
We also offer online banking & bill pay, so you can manage your accounts from your own computer instead of making the trip downtown. We also have mobile banking, which has all the capabilities of online banking — from the convenience of your own mobile phone or device.
And just like Hornell is the upstate New York's go-to shopping hub, Maple City Savings is your go-to bank for home mortgages, home equity lines of credit, and IRAs. If you own a small business in the area, see us about our commercial accounts and loan options. We also offer a suite of business services to make money management easier.
Maple City Savings is a locally-owned and operated independent financial institution with a strong financial presence in the Hornell area. Conveniently located in beautiful downtown Hornell and on Seneca Rd near the new hospital in Hornell.
- Dr. Rick Andolina - Chairman
- David L. Parmley - Vice Chairman
- Mark W. Davidson
- James T. Freiner
- David Gray
- John J. Rees
- Maninder Virdee
- Dr. John Weyand
- Thomas Beers
- Nicholas Kelley
- Spencer Crow
- Duane Heineman
- Alice Allen
Officers & Staff
- Thomas Beers, President & CEO (NMLS 423073)
- Nicholas Kelley, CFO (NMLS 1674875)
- Jeremy Holbrook, IT Administrator, AVP
- Denise Tychi - Retail Lending Manager & VP (NMLS 936975)
- Brett Burch, Loan Originator (NMLS 468142)
- Valerie Slaght - Commercial Loan Officer & VP (NMLS 1171201)
- Jodi Stephens - Commercial Credit Analyst
- Ryan Risley - Commercial Credit Analyst
- Patti Thompson, Loan Operations Supervisor & VP
- Victoria Savoir, MPF Coordinator
- Lisa Jones, Escrow & Insurance Coordinator
- Morgan Rundell-Wales, Loan Underwriter
- Jeanie Burse, Loan Processor
- Kathryn Criss, Deposit Operations Mgr/Asst Treasurer
- Teri (Pierce) Washburn, Outside Sales Rep
- Tracy Freeland, Teller/Asst. BSA Officer
- Yvonne Payne, Teller
- Cheyenne Chamberlain, Teller
- Michelle Burdett Saxton, Teller
- Ashley Gibson, Teller
- Mike Price, Teller
Maple City Financial Services
- Mark Davidson - Registered Investment Advisor & VP
- Lindsie Meese - Registered Investment Advisor & VP
- Kelly Burdick, Office Manager